Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

London and Arrival in Marrakech!

London transportation
Host families greet students at Marrakech airport
Walking off the plane, onto the tarmac, and into the airport
We arrived at the London Heathrow Airport at 2 PM. Our first stop was Buckingham Palace, which was illuminated just as we were leaving. As dusk turned into night, we walked along the Bird Cage Path to the building of the Prime Minister. If we turned around we could see the London Eye. It was just across the River Thames. In search of Fish 'n' Chips, we walked along the river and crossed at the Jubilee Bridge. We met Max's granddaughter and ate the Italian restaurant Strada's. We returned to the airport, fetched our bags, and took a train to London Gatwick Airport. Our plane took an extra hour to depart, but otherwise, we were blessed with smooth traveling. I felt completely at home when I saw my host sister, Sara. We met our host families while receiving candles, milk, and almond-stuffed dates. Our warm welcome confirmed that we were home. Marrakech is a lively and colorful city. Much is different, but while I visited the Old Medina today with my host sister and brother, I was delighted that they could share their hometown with me-- and help me buy some aromatic Moroccan spices. 
EM
The Old Medina

Spices in the Medina

1 comment: